Saturday 24 January 2015

Valentine

This post is a part of Closeup Cupid Games Campaign. Here is the link http://cupidgames.closeup.in/

Valentine, the very word brings that pink blush on our face. Valentine, the word just makes me think of one festival, and the festival is love. It may sound abnormal to say this that love is a festival but I truly believe it is. Because we human beings are so caught up in our daily life that we hardly celebrate what they call love.
Ever wondered, why is valentine so special? For many reasons is what I can say, for some it is remarked as a day when they first met, for some it is running back to the flashback of college days, for some it is celebration of togetherness, and for some it is just celebrating love.
Yes guys, love is a celebration, it is a feeling inside you which makes your world go around, it is that feeling that gets makes you want to run away from the situation at the same time face it, it is that feeling where you get chocked in the throat, but not because you are sad, rather because of the anxiety and excitement, it simply is a feeling of love.
So folks, when the season of love is awaiting us, what are we waiting for? And yes the answer is; for that perfect way to ask that someone special out. While for others it is the day where they are about to begin a new chapter in their life and this it is the peak of the love, where two souls unite and are put together in an institution what they call marriage. (Just to update you, my brother is getting married to his childhood bestie and now soon to be wife this valentine…I am so looking forward to a combo wedding with bong and Sindhi rituals!  J )
Well, coming back to this year’s valentine, all I can say is that I am all butterflies in the stomach right now. I know you are wondering why? Well, I am going to be proposing to my long time crush and also my college pal after 7 years of knowing him. They say love grows old and ages with time, which is truly what I believe in. Because this has really happened to me, I knew him (sorry I don’t want to disclose his identity); for the last 7 years, we were together from junior college days, and my liking for him grew only when time passed by. In the initial days, it was only talking to him, from there it moved on to hanging around together, further moved to that little (chintu – mintu liking); and now has come to a stage, where I feel confessing to him about my feelings feels the perfect thing to do! Only because they say, love is not a feeling to hide; rather let the world know that you are in love. And so, very literally is what I have taken these words…
So, I don’t want to keep you in further suspense and drag my story like a 3 hour Bollywood movie. I am going to cut this short and tell you my plans for him. Well I have planned it a little unusual as they, the very fact that me being the girl here is quite unusual for few, while it is not the same for me. I believe is equality in every aspect and so it should be in pouring out your feelings as well. And so I have planned to perform on this event which is a theatre performance in a renowned place in my city and with all assistance of my best friend (Aayushi), I am going to go up to the stage and propose to him in front of live audience. This will then be followed by my best friend calling him up on the stage and standing there beside me.I am already freaking out with the idea but as I said when in love; let the world know and so is what I have planned to do.
I am extremely nervous for this and at the same time, waiting to see his reaction, I hope things fall in place like I have planned and that my next Valentine is with him. So yes, this is my way of proposing my crush, which is going up there and getting up close to him and letting my feelings out this Valentine.


No comments:

Post a Comment