Thursday 5 March 2015

Be positive

Be positive. Failure is only a stepping stone to success. Don’t give up and what not? How often do we come across these sayings? Looks like everybody in this world has something or the other to teach us. The real question is how many actually mean it, how many actually be positive, how many actually don’t give up and how many can actually take failures?
Well I can say with a lot of pride that I am one such person. I am very optimistic.
Here is my story of optimism-
I have been looking for a change in job since the past one year now. Initially there were no calls and absolutely no interviews. I wondered why? I did everything that I needed to, I updated my resume, put it on the job portals but to my bad luck I used to get no interview calls. People blamed the poor job market.  I thought to myself that I just wanted a change, a better job but there were people who had none. I waited patiently.
Finally after a few months I started getting the much awaited calls, this didn’t happen on its own. It happened after I crossed the limit of the maximum jobs one can apply on naukri.com. Now came the interview rounds. Every time I gave an interview I thought I would get selected and would wait for their call or joining mail but I would end up dejected. I would have given more than 10 interviews in a month but I did not even get selected in one. There was a point in life, where I wanted to give up and said that may be I am not a deserving person enough to get a good Job. A good corporate job, a job in one of those sky scrapper building is what I had always dreamt of and for some reason that dream felt only like dream and I almost felt that it would never turn into reality. I did it all from job portals to meeting new people every day to calling up those references or contacts that I once made and met them only so that I could take help from them one such day, unfortunately nothing seemed to be in my favor. I kept giving interviews and I kept failing at it.
I got calls from few best places and few worst places, I ensured I go for all and try my luck everywhere, only to get more disheartened each time. However once a point, where I had almost given up and that came is when my mother came up to me and reminded me of my own story that had occurred when I was in standard 9th. I was always bad with mathematics and so I had failed in the subject and was given one chance as a re-attempt case to move to the 10th standard. I remember then, I had practiced math like crazy and decided I would not give up, for the shame of being behind my friends and also for the fact that I was not so weak in life that one such thing would take me behind or not let me move ahead. She made me recall my words then, I had promised to her that mom, I would not give up on math and I will move ahead. She told me to repeat those words again this time and I said it to her this time again, mom I will not give up. This attitude of mine, let me move ahead even after so many failures, I am today with a job in one of those sky scrapper buildings that I had only dreamt of and in one of the best companies. Thanks to my mother who bought me up with this never dying attitude and filled me with optimism every time I was low.


This post is a part of IndiBlogger Happy hour campaign. Have a look at the link - https://housing.com/lookup

No comments:

Post a Comment